The best way to describe some of the benefits of using Miromaa can best be explained in relation to the various users:
So for any Indigenous person in a similar role Miromaa can benefit you with the following:
- Easy to use with a minimal learning curve.
- It empowers users in using a user friendly program which would not normally be possible.
- Gives you the ability to be involved in all aspects of language activity.
- Gather all written, audio and video evidence of language in one place.
- Employ community protocols with security controls.
- Create word lists and do basic analysis of language gathered.
- Sets the foundation for a strong recovery of your language.
- Help support Linguists and other academics in their work.
- Commence learning the language immediately via the Miromaa Learning area.
- Being a very user friendly and feature packed tool it can assist in employing in either a voluntary or paid role Indigenous people which would normally not happen.
- If you are using Miromaa you have made it very easy to commence building a huge range of teaching and learning resources for your language.
- Free through sponsorship program*
Miromaa can benefit a language centre in the following ways:
- Work on multiple languages.
- Extensive feature list.
- Minimal training required.
- Commence recording languages immediately.
- Can be installed in a Network environment.
- Language centre staff can now be using technology in a manner normally reserved for highly trained people.
- Prepare standard format marker text files of language gathered for linguists.
- Import standard format marker text files from previous language activities by academics.
- Compatible with Toolbox and Lexique Pro.
- Minimise time, dollars and effort needed to produce dictionaries.
- It provides a secure community learning environment for intermediate to advanced users.
- Staff become more excited as they are now able to be more involved with all aspects of the language activities.
- Digitally archive all of your sources of language evidence in a manner never seen before
- Free through sponsorship program
Linguist, Researcher and Academic
Miromaa can benefit a linguist, researcher or academic with the following:
- User friendly linguistic area
- Import / Export from standard format marker text files
- Great interface and fields for field work
- Please refer to the extensive feature list of Miromaa to understand it better.
Unfortunately it does not run in the MAC OS X environment, you would have to run it via BootCamp or Parallels.